If you are looking for an affordable, eco-friendly, ethical alternative to diamond rings, we have detailed the differences in our previous blog Moissanite vs Diamond.
Moissanite rings may be a great option for you. We’ve put together this comprehensive guide that will give you everything you need to know about moissanite rings, including what it is, its benefits, and how to choose the perfect moissanite ring.
1. What is moissanite?
Moissanite diamonds are a popular and reasonably priced alternative to traditional diamonds. But they are not diamonds.
- They have a similar brilliance and sparkle to natural diamonds.
- Moissanite diamonds are made in a laboratory and are environmentally friendly because they do not require diamond mining or cause conflict diamonds.
- They are also durable and scratch resistant, making them an excellent choice for engagement rings and other jewelry.
- Moissanite diamonds come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors and are often more affordable than natural diamonds of comparable quality.
2.Why choose a moissanite as an engagement ring?
- Affordability: Moissanite is much more affordable than diamonds, making it a great option for those on a budget.
- Durability: Moissanite is a very hard mineral, ranking 9.25 on the Mohs scale of hardness (diamonds rank 10). This means that it is very resistant to scratches and chips, making it a great choice for everyday wear.
- Brilliance: Moissanite has a higher refractive index than diamonds, which means that it has more brilliance and fire. This makes it a great choice for those who want a ring that sparkles and catches the light.
- Ethical and Eco-Friendly: Moissanite is not mined from the earth, which means that it does not contribute to the negative environmental and social impacts of diamond mining. It is also a more ethical option, as it is not associated with conflict or exploitation.
Moissanite rings offer many benefits over traditional diamond rings. they are much more affordable than diamond rings, which means you can get a larger stone for the same price，making it an excellent choice for everything from engagement rings to wedding bands to personalized jewelry.
3.How to distinguish between good and bad moissanite rings?
When choosing a moissanite ring, First, you should decide on the shape of the stone. Moissanite comes in a variety of shapes, including round, cushion, princess, pear, and oval, and you can check out our blog, Diamond Shapes, for a variety of shapes.for a variety of shapes that will hopefully give you inspiration!
You should also consider the size of the stone and the setting, as these can greatly affect the overall look of the ring.
You should also consider the color and clarity of the moissanite. While moissanite is generally very clear and colorless, some stones may have a slight yellow or green tint. If you want a completely colorless stone, you should look for one with a higher clarity grade.
For example: Forever One Moissanite, the highest standard in the industry, or choose Oveela jewelry we only select high-quality Moissanite. Our experienced gemstone selectors personally visit Moissanite suppliers to handpick each gemstone and strictly screen them according to our usage standards. We demand smooth and symmetrical cutting for each gemstone, a clarity grade of VVS, and a color grade of D-F.
Finally, you should consider the type of metal used in the setting. Moissanite rings can be set in a variety of metals, including 18k white gold, 14k yellow gold, 14K rose gold, platinum and sterling silver.
The type of metal you choose will depend on your personal style and budget. You can also refer to our blog on K Gold Choosing: 10K Gold Vs 14K Gold Vs 18K， Gold to learn the differences and characteristics of each.
4.Moissanite vs diamond
Here is a little more explanation，For more details check out our article Moissanite vs diamond
5.How to care for Moissanite rings
While moissanite is very durable, it still requires some care to keep it looking its best.
You should clean your moissanite ring regularly with a soft-bristled brush and mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners, as these can damage the stone.
You should also avoid wearing your moissanite ring during activities that could cause damage, such as gardening or sports. Store your ring in a soft cloth or jewelry box when you’re not wearing it to prevent scratches and other damage.
Moissanite rings offer a beautiful and affordable alternative to diamond rings. They are eco-friendly, ethical, and durable, making them a great choice for an everyday ring.
When choosing a moissanite ring, consider the shape, size, color, and setting style, as well as the type of metal used in the setting. With proper care, your moissanite ring can last a lifetime.